Yours

for the revolution

Don't know what brought you here, but since you asked, here's a little bit about me: Last year I worked on the Bernie Sanders campaign where I was honored to work alongside thousands of amazing grassroots leaders who made miracles happen. Right now I’m a fellow at the Shorenstein Center at Harvard, writing about the 2016 election. I also volunteer with Brand New Congress, a campaign to replace the entire corrupt U.S. Congress with a slate of honest and visionary working people. I love reading history, economics, religion and philosophy. I've spent a lot of time studying how prosperous countries got that way, and have spent a lot of time thinking about how America can learn from those cases (including our own story!) to rebuild our economy. I’ve you’ve got something to talk about, my email address is just my first and last name @ gmail.

Work

I work with a team at a small company called Middle Seat. If you’re excited about the impact you’re making in the world, or the impact you could be making, we would love to help you with organizing, digital marketing, web design, software development, fundraising, A/B testing or anything else you might need. We love working on innovative and impossible projects that seek to bring people together in new ways using technology and organizing. So if you're working on something like that, I'd love to hear about it! Drop me a line at zack@middleseat.co

Becky Bond and I wrote a book! Please get yourself a copy. Becky and I would be happy to speak to your group or organization about organizing. “Rules for Revolutionaries is a bold challenge to the political establishment and the ‘rules’ that govern campaign strategy. It tells the story of a breakthrough experiment conducted on the fringes of the Bernie Sanders presidential campaign: a technology-driven team empowered volunteers to build and manage the infrastructure to make 75 million calls, launch 8 million text messages, and hold more than 100,000 public meetings—in an effort to put Bernie’s insurgent campaign over the top.” Just email my name @ gmail and I’ll get back to you.

My wife Elizabeth, my daughter Esther, and I live in a tiny Missouri Ozarks town — Elizabeth’s home town. I travel too much, but when they’re in the mood for an adventure, the family comes along. Esther loves to travel and knows her way around half the science museums in America. Each city is “my favorite ever” and it really is. But then she’ll say something like, “I’m 20% sad that we’re leaving here, but 80% happy that we’re going home!”

If you're a reporter or looking for me for some other reason, just email my name @ gmail.